Friday, April 29, 2011

Serial Enthusiast

I am a serial enthusiast. When I find something fun, whether making books or knitting or beading, I go at the new pastime hammer and tongs for a while, immersing myself in the activity, then rarely do it again.

It's the same with with recipes. When I find an interesting new ingredient, I use it all the time, then tuck it into my recipe file, make it only every now and then, and go looking for something novel. The bacon butties are a good example; I'm pretty sure that's over.

I'm in a rhubarb phase just now and am enjoying the heck out of it. I made basically the same rhubarb tart for Easter dinner as I did last week, only I arranged the fruit like a sunburst or a big flower, used tangerine juice (and, so, less sugar) this time and sprinkled it with minced tangerine zest rather than finely grated.

Everyone who tried it was nodding and yumming at the first bite, so I call that a success. I'm thinking about a rhubarb and yogurt parfait next, while I'm still on a rhubarb roll.


Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Nicely done. I will miss the buddies. They were talking about them on the news of "the wedding" this morning.

Friday, April 29, 2011  
Blogger Nancy Ewart said...

Delicious and beautiful - I'd be saying "yummy delicious" if I stopped eating long enough to talk.

Friday, April 29, 2011  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

There are worse things to be on, than a rubarb roll :)

Friday, April 29, 2011  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Greg, what wedding? :-)

Nancy, I was quite pleased with the look and taste, if I do say so myself.

Ms. Mouse, very true.

Cookiecrumb, she who boycotts all dessert posts, how the heck are you?

Saturday, April 30, 2011  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Caught! How funny of you. I think it looks beautiful! Workin' up to a seventh-decade birthday. :(

Sunday, May 01, 2011  
Blogger Kinda Like a Chef said...

Dear lord I just wrote the longest comment ever only to be told they were sorry and could not process my request. I give up...

Wednesday, May 04, 2011  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Kinda, Oh noes! I'm sorry we missed it. I will have to speak to those doorknobs at Blogger.

Thursday, May 05, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home