Monday, April 25, 2011

It's All Her Fault

When we were growing up, my sister and I didn't always get along. No, that's not correct - we never got along. We were forever pointing fingers at each other and claiming, "It's her fault!"

Now that I'm slightly more adult, at least in years if not in behavior, I'm still pointing fingers. This time at J-in-Wales, who commented on Cookiecrumb's post of long ago, that she should put a dippy egg into her chip butty.

Dippy egg! And me with a box full of pastured eggs in the fridge!

I couldn't get to my toaster fast enough, to toast more of that wonderful bread, sizzle another slice of the killer Canadian bacon and gently fry one of those eggs in the same pan. I prepped the toast with a light scrape of mayo, assembled and took that first unbelievable bite.

OMG.

O.M.G.

OMG!

If my sister and I had had something like this to eat, peace might have reigned in our home. Even if it always was her fault.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Mighty fine breakfast! Like an egg mcmuffin only better/

Monday, April 25, 2011  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Greg: Wash your mouth out!!

Zoomie, I have wondered now and then if J-in-Wales meant "drippy" egg, because. That's just how I roll.
Growing up sisterless myself, I think you had a mitzvah in your female sibling. Somebody to blame things on is Good! I couldn't blame things on my brother, because he was the firstborn, and a male.

Monday, April 25, 2011  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Greg, same idea but oh, baby, worlds apart!

Cookiecrumb, I have heard the term "dippy" egg used in the same context as "drippy," so I do think that was J-in-Wales' intention. The people I know dip their toast in the runny yolk - hence, "dippy." I just happen to prefer mine a little less dippy. ;-)

I had brothers, too, so I know what you mean. The elder one particularly could do no wrong - St. Brother. I was jealous of his status but now I see that there are pressures on the first born male that I don't envy.

Monday, April 25, 2011  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

Drippy or dippy egg - *shudders at the very thought* ;)

Monday, April 25, 2011  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Ms Mouse, I was tempted to email you to warn you not to read the comments. I knew they would offend. :-) But no photos of egg blood, out of consideration to you.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home