Sunday, April 17, 2011

True Friendship

You may think that true friendship is shared interests, mutual support, a complementary sense of humor and deep, personal sharing over many years but...nah!

True friendship is packing a big box with Meyer lemons, limes, Valencia oranges and Fuerte avocados from your own trees and shipping it up from Southern California to me here in benighted* Northern California where the sun refuses to shine as it is supposed to and the weather refuses to warm.

That's what true friendship is. From my true friend, Jeanne.

Bless you, baby!

*Obviously, I wrote this a few days ago - today is gorgeous, at last! Did my kvetching bring on the warmer weather, or was it just kismet?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

All I get in the mail is bills!

Sunday, April 17, 2011  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

My dad sent me a box of homegrown Fuertes and tomatoes and peppers once. Didn't let me know it was coming, and the mailman at our old place never brought parcels up to the door; just left a pick-up notice in the mailbox. Well, I let a few days go by before I picked it up. A soggy, smelly, dripping wad of cardboard. :(

Sunday, April 17, 2011  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Greg, then you must cultivate some SOCA friendships. Those guys have good fruit.

Cookiecrumb, oh, noes! Tragic. One of my avos was ripe and it was smashed by the harder ones around it but I still salvaged three beauties to be savored this week.

Monday, April 18, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home