Friday, April 15, 2011

Sugar Surge

If sugar is as dangerous as they say, I'm in deep trouble.

My Beloved brought these home this week, an early Easter celebration of chocolate cupcakes with vanilla icing. I think he was charmed by the decorations, as am I. Dyed coconut "grass" and jelly bean "eggs" - I like anything that speaks of spring.

We actually don't eat much sugar, far less than most Americans - we just eat too much of everything else. Walking the dog over the hills of our little town and swimming like a madwoman don't seem to help, either. They do make me feel better and I'm sure they help with fitness, but my dress size hasn't budged.

I gave up dieting after years of rollercoaster weight loss and gain - I have shed and regained whole persons in my lifetime. Now, I'm more or less content with my body - it doesn't give me a hard time and I don't try to make it what it isn't any more. We have become friends who accept each other's failings.

So, we'll enjoy these cupcakes and go on with our lives, courting danger every now and then.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Ewart said...

I think those cupcakes are adorable and well worth the danger. Good for you for making peace with your body. That's a lot healthier than yo-yo dieting. I suspect that many of us who are descended from "famine" cultures could gain weight on one potato or 1/4 cup of rice a day. Even some scientists are reluctantly agreeing that body size is often due to genetics and not totally due to "overindulgence." But it's a battle to come to terms with a body size that doesn't fit the prevailing fashion.

The ID word today for me is "Gratin." How appropriate!

Friday, April 15, 2011  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Nancy, you're always so supportive. Thanks!

Saturday, April 16, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home