Monday, April 18, 2011

Lambapalooza

I have invented the best lamb burger in the world.

I know that's a bold statement, but this was a bold burger. See what you think.

The ground lamb was from our local Marin Sun Farms, always a great start. The "bun" was a square cut from an herb slab loaf from Acme and split, also a plus. The cheese on top was a nice crumbly feta, tangy and a little salty.

But, I've done that before - even posted about it before - so where's the justification for my boast?

I added to the half pound of ground lamb a minced rasher of lamb bacon, about a teaspoon of fresh thyme and an equal amount of fresh oregano, plus freshly ground black pepper. Pan seared in olive oil, flipped and topped with the cheese to melt, then laid reverently on the grilled and lightly buttered bread, it was simply the very best lamb burger I have ever eaten.

It was still nicely pink inside when I took my first bite, and so juicy that it started to run down between my fingers. The heat of the pan released the rich taste of the lamb bacon to mingle with the herbs and lamb juices. The cheese had softened and worked its way into the holes in the bread, but it hadn't lost its tang. This was a lambgasm. I was glad I had made only one per person, as they were rich and I'd have been sorely tempted otherwise to beg for seconds.

So, I'm not just braggin' - I really have invented the World's Best Lamb Burger.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

Huzzah! Lamb, best meat on the planet. Except for duck, or bacon obvy :)

Monday, April 18, 2011  
Blogger Nancy Ewart said...

That sounds utterly delicious. I am looking for lamb recipes for Easter and this goes to the top of the list.

Monday, April 18, 2011  
Blogger Greg said...

Bacon makes it better. I must admit that I have never heard of lamb bacon, or a lambgasm for that matter ;)! Have to check the urban dictionary for that one.

Monday, April 18, 2011  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Outrageous. Restaurant-worthy. I bet that was one big happy EAT.

Monday, April 18, 2011  
Anonymous Evil Empress said...

OMG! You're driving me crazy with temptation. I must have a burger for dinner tonight!

Monday, April 18, 2011  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Ms Mouse, I'd have to agree.

Nancy, oh, yes, perfect for Easter. You having a party? Your guests will love this.

Greg, I had not heard of lamb bacon before finding some at Marin Sun Farms... not too far from you. And a little goes a long way so the price is justifiable.

Cookiecrumb, amen to all you said. Killer.

Empress, let's plan to make these when we all go to GV!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011  
Anonymous Peter said...

We had lamb burgers last night, but I'm afraid they paled next to this one.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Peter, coming from you, I take that as the highest possible compliment.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home