Saturday, February 19, 2011

Traveler's Tree

One last flower post. Traveler's Tree. They look like white birds of paradise, but very tall with symmetrical leaves growing sideways, like the ribs of a spreading fan. In the groove formed where each leave clasps the stem is a pocket of drinkable water, hence the name.

Back from our travels, we are happy to be home but part of my heart always seems to stay in Hawaii.

My Beloved, on the other hand, is relieved to be back in the coolth of the bay area. Because he runs about ten degrees warmer than the average person (which makes him a delightful heat source on a cold winter's night), he suffers in the moist warmth of Hawaii. I love being dressed in little besides shorts or a wispy dress and flip flops. He's happiest when a tad more clothing is required.

Perhaps a compromise can be worked out - half the year in Hawaii and half the year here in the bay area? Sounds perfect to me. Now, all I need is to win the lottery.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Lady comes home, tells her husband "Pack your bags! I won the lottery!"
Husband says "Should I pack for the beach? The mountains?"
She answers "Who cares? Just get the hell out."

Saturday, February 19, 2011  
Blogger Nancy Ewart said...

Oh cookie! LOL! and ouch! I'm afraid that I am like DH. I am always warm and love it when the weather is cool because then my natural temperature is just right for the weather. I absolutely wilt in warm weather and when it's hot, I'm cranky when I'm not comatose. But what a lovely image. I will have to add it to my expanding file of gorgeous Hawaiian flowers.

Saturday, February 19, 2011  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Cookiecrumb, nevah happen around here - he's a keeper and I know it! (But I chuckled).

Nancy, if you melt in the heat, go to the Big Island when you go to Hawaii. In Waimea-Kohala (otherwise known as Kamuela), they have cooler temps but still loads of lovely flowers.

Saturday, February 19, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home