Monday, October 18, 2010

The Cavalry

Last week, it was so hot that even a heat-seeker like me was driven into the shade to drip sweat and wonder when our beloved fog will return to cool us off.

When it gets hot here, the breeze dies at the same time, so it seems doubly warm. And our south-facing house with wide windows collects the heat and packs it inside, a great thing on a cool winter day but not so great on a hot summer one. Cooking, if done at all, is barbecuing on days like that.

Best of all is when My Beloved saves the day by bringing home something pre-made. This time, it was a roasted teriyaki chicken, complete with white and black sesame seeds, from the deli at Market Hall in Oakland. It was wonderfully moist with a rich, sweet glaze. I could have used a touch more ginger bite but when the Cavalry arrives in the nick of time to save me from heating up the kitchen, I don't nitpick.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Binging home the bacon/chicken!

Monday, October 18, 2010  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Oh, a pack of heat. I get it. Now I know why you leave the front door open (which I love). Neighborhood pets wander in and out, crazy friends like me drive over from Marin and have a little teriyaki chicken.

Monday, October 18, 2010  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

I'm showing this post to Mr Brown, I trust it will serve to inspire in the coming heatwave(s)!

Tuesday, October 19, 2010  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Greg, MB is good at both. Lucky me.

Cookiecrumb, when I had cats, i kept a dining room chair in the doorway, just to slow down the dogs that chased them in.

Ms Mouse, Mr. Brown already knows how to be a stellar hubz but a little reminding never hurts.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home