Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Scent Lingers

When spring was reluctant to come but we were still aching for grilled food, I decided to use the Jennair grill for the fresh asparagus spears. Then, hungry for the taste of sizzled salmon rather than the quieter poached, I threw that on the grill, too.

I rolled the asparagus around in a little olive oil to hasten the grill marks while not overcooking the spears. The salmon went on just as it was, skin side down first, as it's then easier to flip when the time comes.

When they both came off the grill, I squeezed half a lime over them, which brightened all the flavors.

After dinner, I cleaned the grill and the spittered counter tops, ran the spent lime rind down the GDU, bundled up the garbage and took it outside, but the scent of grilled salmon still lingers in the house. Not such a bad thing, really.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Chilebrown said...

That Asparagus made me drool.

Thursday, May 06, 2010  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

Really? The lingering smell of fish is why I don't cook it nearly as often as I'd like.
Very pretty asparagus!

Thursday, May 06, 2010  
Blogger Greg said...

Eating healthy in he neighborhood.Looks wonderful!

Thursday, May 06, 2010  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Chilebrown, yeah, but all asparagus makes you drool.

Morgan, luckily, the smell dissipated when I opened the windows, but it was a pleasant reminder of a good meal while it lasted.

Greg, nothing beats NOCA ingredients - one need not fuss - they are delicious all by themselves.

Thursday, May 06, 2010  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

I'm suddenly re-in-love with salmon.

Thursday, May 06, 2010  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Cookiecrumb, I know what you mean - sometimes I get tired of it, then all of a sudden I think "Wow, what about salmon!" and off I go again loving it!

Thursday, May 06, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home