Thursday, March 11, 2010

Green Eggs, No Ham

Okay, so here I was with a pot full of green garlic and collard greens, swimming in a soup of chicken broth tinted green from the veggies. I still plan to make soup, but I had the idea to poach eggs in the soupy part first and serve them on toast with a collard cushion in between.

The eggs turned green as they poached, perhaps not the single most appetizing looking meal I've ever made.

With apologies to Dr. Seuss, green eggs may taste fine, but...maybe it's the ham that rescues the dish?

5 Comments:

Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Well, yeah! Where was the bacon that came with the version of this dish you had in Venice?
Still... Wow! Poached in likker! Never would have occurred to me. I bet it tasted great.

Thursday, March 11, 2010  
Blogger Greg said...

That is a great looking poached egg. I am challenged by poaching eggs. I am the only one who likes them in our house so I normally scramble or fry.

Thursday, March 11, 2010  
Blogger Louis la Vache said...

Dr. Seuss would be proud of you!

«Louis» hates to bring up a sore subject, but any word on your car?

Thursday, March 11, 2010  
Blogger Katie Zeller said...

Yay!!!!! Green garlic season has started. I got my first yesterday. Oh happy day!

Friday, March 12, 2010  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Cookiecrumb, it _was_ good, as long as I closed my eyes. :-)

Greg, come on over, I'll teach you my trick.

Louis, sadly, the car is still being assessed but things don't look good. Thanks for caring.

KatieZ, I think green garlic is the true first sign of spring, don't you?

Friday, March 12, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home