Saturday, March 6, 2010

Taxing Lunch

We put aside an entire Saturday for this chore. As I write, we are assembling the annual information for our accountant to do our taxes. Ugh. For all-out boredom punctuated by chills of fear, I can't think of a rival for filling out tax forms. Neither My Beloved nor I are any good at math, or keeping records, or anything requiring diligence, so this yearly event is our nadir.

When one is struggling and swearing one's way through the tax form nightmare, spectacularly tasty lunches are in order to keep spirits and energy high. Luckily, ingredients for just such a lunch were in the house.

A Della Fattoria campagne loaf, Bellwether Farms farmer's cheese and Jeanne's Mom's unbelievably good avocado. Toast the bread, spread the cheese, slice the avo, drizzle a little EVOO, sprinkle with freshly ground pepper and a tiny spritz of Hawaiian red salt and you've got lunch that will sustain calculations throughout a long, taxing afternoon.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Simple but oh so good.That sandwich would certainly calm my nerves.

Saturday, March 06, 2010  
Blogger meathenge said...

Oh yeah, that stuff. That's why I have an accountant. I just bring in whatever I have and she does it for me. No stress, no thought, no problem. Plus she's a hot blonde, makes it nicer.

xo, Biggles

Saturday, March 06, 2010  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Saturday, March 06, 2010  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

Yummy, thought, before I read the post and just saw the picture I thought that was avo on smoked trout pate. I think I'd like a slice of both, right about now.

Saturday, March 06, 2010  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Greg, I'm finding that really good ingredients allow for simplicity.

Rev. Biggles, this was just to prepare to send that stuff off to the accountant!

Cookiecrumb, are you sure Cranky is doing a good job? Seems weird that he can do it so fast.

Morgan, you elicited a memory for me of smoked whitefish paté that we had in Michigan. Now I want some and it's 1,000 miles away. Wonder if I can find some on the web...

Sunday, March 07, 2010  
Blogger meathenge said...

Oh.

It's a wonderful day everyone, fire up the grill !!!

xo Biggles

Sunday, March 07, 2010  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Biggles, good reminder. I have a fresh bag of real charcoal, too. Need to thaw a steak or something!

Sunday, March 07, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home