Thursday, January 7, 2010

Recycled Green (and Gold)

I guess it's well established that bacon improves all things. Here's yet another proof. I had roasted some kabocha squash crescents along with a pork loin roast but for some reason they were underwhelming, even though we had previously loved them done this way. Huh, go figure!

Anyway, I saved the leftovers and decided to combine the winter squash with some summer squashes, zucchini and yellow summer squash, to see if the summery flavors might perk it up a bit. The best idea, however, was the sauté all three in a dab of bacon fat.


My Beloved has a distinctive, enthusiastic nod of approval that he gives when his mouth is full of something he likes and he can't talk, but he wants to compliment the cook. This veggie medley got the nod.

2 Comments:

Blogger Zoomie said...

Since I don't read Asian languages, I can't comment on the above. Hope it's positive.

Friday, January 08, 2010  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

Pretty isn't it, span though, I suspect.

Friday, January 08, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home