Sunday, August 9, 2009

Inspired Combination

Whenever I'm out in West Marin county, as I was last Saturday to celebrate pal Sari's birthday, I stop at Marin Sun Farms' butcher shop and load up for the freezer. We enjoy their meats for the flavor but also for the comforting knowledge that the animals had a good life before they got to my table.

I spied this lamb sausage with wine in the case and had to try it. Simply grilled, it was moist and very flavorful with that richness that is peculiar to lamb but tempered somewhat by the wine. I served it on a nest of Swiss chard wilted with garlic and a dab of butter, which was as close to a genius combination as my simple cooking ever comes. Not perhaps a pretty meal but, oh! the flavors!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

Mmmmm snorkers!

Sunday, August 09, 2009  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Mouse: You and I know those are properly called "snags." I've been practising.

Zoomie: We can get them from their stand at the farmers market here. We should meet up... next Sunday?

Sunday, August 09, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Morgan, you said it!

Cookiecrumb, I know and I do but it's fun to visit the Source, too, from time to time.

Monday, August 10, 2009  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

Cookie, you are right, they are called snags, but those of us with daddies who were in the navy, call them snorkers.
When I was wee, I thought there was a beast called the snorker, like a cow or a sheep or a piggie, I drew them for my mum. I'll draw one for you when we meet!

Tuesday, August 11, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home