Friday, July 31, 2009

Strawberry Bavarian Cream

After using nearly every bowl and utensil in my kitchen, the resulting Bavarian cream was delicious and close in flavor but the texture was nothing like the absolutely smooth and creamy original dessert I enjoyed at the Ambassador's house.

Julia's version is not quite as sweet as that original one was. But, it unmolded beautifully and we enjoyed the light and almost bubbly texture of this one, even if it didn't match my memory.

Would I make it again? Not on a bet! It was good but the pleasure-to-work ratio was skewed too hard in the work direction. I'm glad I tried it but I'm happy now just to remember fondly that original dessert, formally served on a silver platter at the Ambassador's shining mahogany table.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Kailyn said...

Pretty.

Friday, July 31, 2009  
Blogger Anna Haight said...

I had no idea. I don't think I'll try making one of these anytime soon as well.

Friday, July 31, 2009  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Even so, you must be immensely proud. It's really pretty!

Friday, July 31, 2009  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

It's just one of those things you can say you made, and rest on the sticky, strawberry leaves from now on (rather than laurels, I don't think Bay Bavarian would be as nice somehow)

Friday, July 31, 2009  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Mouse: I would put fresh laurel leaves in ANY dessert. They are magic.

Friday, July 31, 2009  
Blogger Greg said...

I like that formula. Pleasure to work ratio. The results are grand.

Friday, July 31, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Kailyn, thanks, I thought so, too.

Anna, I'd advise against it! :-)

Cookiecrumb, yes, but it's that skewed ratio...

Morgan, I like the idea of resting on my strawberry leaves.

Cookiecrumb, I had an interesting and delicious basil/creme fraîche panna cotta yesterday - I'll blog about it in a couple of days. I'm turned on to the idea of herb flavors in desserts.

Greg, next time, I'm hoping it will be skewed in the other direction.

Saturday, August 01, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home