Sunday, July 26, 2009

Anniversary Buzz

My flatware drawer just got a lot heavier. My good friend Wenirs remembered our 10th wedding anniversary with a set of stainless flatware that I know she just couldn't resist.

My Beloved's nickname is "Buzz" so Wenirs often sends us things with bees on them, celebrating my honey of a guy and his unusual name. There was the delightful big brass doorknocker in the shape of a bumblebee. The tape measure striped in yellow and black with a silly smile on the bee's face. Dish towels with honey bees on them. And now this flatware (the set on the left) that sports Napoleon's bee. I know it tickled her fancy that Napoleon was French, too, as she and I have a long-running rivalry between the French that I love and the British that she adores. While knowing that neither will ever convince the other, still we have long-winded arguments about the merits of those two countries.

Unthinkable to jettison our old set, so I ankled down to the local container store and bought another drawer organizer to fit in the new in next to the old. We are having silly fun each evening deciding which set to use for dinner. Vive la France and God Save the Queen!

10 Comments:

Blogger Anna Haight said...

What fun!

Sunday, July 26, 2009  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

My first name translates from the Hebrew (so I'm told) to "bee." Or in some versions, "industrious," as in the busy bee.
I wanna use the bee flatware next time. Oh hell, I owe you lunch here first. Bring the spoons!

Sunday, July 26, 2009  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

But do you have those lovely French glasses with the bees on?

Sunday, July 26, 2009  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

So Cookie's name is דבורה .

Sunday, July 26, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Anna, amen!

Cookiecrumb, okay, remind me when the time comes. :-)

Morgan, no, not yet, but I see it as inevitable.

Morgan, uh...?

Monday, July 27, 2009  
Blogger Buzz Baylis said...

Zoomie

Does the bubble blower count?

MB

Monday, July 27, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

BuzzB, no, I bought that one myself!

Monday, July 27, 2009  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

I've told Mr Brown you're married to an Astronaut - so you best wise up your Buzz ;)

Tuesday, July 28, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Morgan, would that be Buzz Aldrin or Buzz Lightyear?

Tuesday, July 28, 2009  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

Whichever you prefer ;)

Friday, July 31, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home