Thursday, June 18, 2009

Pot Pork, Take Two - Or Is That Take Three?

Making a hash of things is my specialty. Oh, not the mess that the figure of speech implies - in this case, real hash.

The final act for the pot pork was to make a nice hash with chopped onion and cubed potatoes, draped with a fried egg "over easy" and a big blob of spinach nearby. Not bad for a pork roast that weighed just about three pounds before cooking. And I still have some of the goozle that I think I'll use as a basis for soup. I'm lucky that My Beloved doesn't object to leftovers, as long as there is a little variety in the presentation. While it was delicious in all its various forms, I have to admit I'm not sorry to see the final take!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

I'm loving your goozle word.

Thursday, June 18, 2009  
Blogger Nancy Ewart said...

That sounds absolutely yummy - I love fried eggs, potatoes, pork and goozle. What a great word!

Thursday, June 18, 2009  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

I didn't tell you: We bought a Boston Butt. Pork Shoulder. It went straight into the freezer, because there is a lot of food to contend with chez nous.
But it will definitely go into the slow cooker. Thanks.
Goozle rawks!

Thursday, June 18, 2009  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

No beloved worth his salt woule EVER object to leftovers!

Friday, June 19, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Greg, yes, very evocative, isn't it?

Nancy, it was, even though it was the third or fourth iteration.

Cookiecrumb, you need to have a party or you'll be eating BB for days and days!

Morgan, yes, if their mothers trained them right.

Sunday, June 21, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home