Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Also Sweet

He ordered the Flavour Shaker™ for me, too.

I had been to Jamie Oliver's website looking for the Flavour Shaker™ since it looks so handy in the series but, mysteriously, it doesn't appear to be available there. My Beloved found it on Amazon, however, when he ordered the book.

The little white ceramic ball is surprisingly heavy - no wonder it's good a crushing herbs and spices! I used it yesterday to bash up the rosemary and thyme I spread over my chicken before roasting and I expect it will be wunderbar for making small amounts of vinaigrette, as well as for so many of the recipes in Jamie Oliver's books.

Fun stuff for a foodie's kitchen.


Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

It's very bad at mashing garlic though, for some reason. I bought one because I saw it on his home cooking show and thought it was cool. But, like most gadgets, I used it a couple of times and got sick of cleaning it ;)
The ball is VERY cute though, isn't it?

Wednesday, June 17, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Morgan, thanks for the tip - I will avoid mashing garlic with it.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009  
Blogger Katie Zeller said...

I've never seen that!!!!!
'course we don't get his show...

I want that!!! Bet Amazon UK has it - I'm off!

Thursday, June 18, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Jamie really shakes it _hard_ on his show - I might ask MB to do that part for me.

Thursday, June 18, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home