Thursday, June 4, 2009

J-Yah Does It Again!

Been looking for a bargain crock-pot for some little time now. I have one but the liner isn't removable, so it's hard to clean.

I searched the town-wide garage sales on Memorial Day weekend and checked out several thrift stores without success until last week when cousin J-Yah and I were poking through a thrift shop after a yummy lunch of Carne Asada next door at Las Camelias.

I missed it entirely, immersed as I was in the mental argument about whether or not to purchase the ice cream maker I had spotted. My angel side reminded me that the last thing on earth I need is more ice cream temptation and more stuff to store in my already-cramped kitchen. My devil side was suggesting flavors. Happily, this time the angel won so I turned away from the shelf and didn't even notice this pretty crock-pot next to the ice cream freezer.

Luckily, cousin J-Yah was along - she has better concentration. So, I shelled out my ten bucks and we lugged it back to the car. After a little cleaning and a test of its heating capacity, it awaits the next slow-cooked masterpiece.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

I have an ice-cream maker, I don't use it often but am glad of it.

Thursday, June 04, 2009  
Blogger kudzu said...

Just what I need. Thanks for prodding me. After I meet my deadline I am heading for some of my favorite thrift shops. (A friend used to call one of them in Mill Valley "The Little Sisters of the Rich".)

Thursday, June 04, 2009  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Good find! But man, that's, uh... decorative!
I'll be right over with a can of paint. Or a tea cozy.
(Did I tell you we have four slow cookers, all sizes?)

Thursday, June 04, 2009  
Anonymous jananvan said...

I went the same route. Bought a new crock pot about a year ago to replace my old one from the 80's (which works fine, but doesn't have the removable bowl). I have not made one thing in it since purchase. I am counting on you to come up with some great recipes for me!

Thursday, June 04, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Morgan, I might still go back for that ice cream maker...

Kudzu, don't you just love the thrift shops? There's one down in Los Altos that actually has mink coats! I guess some rich women has a crisis of conscience! :-) My favorite things are the hand-embroidered linens. No one wants to iron these days so you can get them for a song.

Cookiecrumb, really? Four? I'm impressed! But, apparently, none as "decorative" as mine. :-) I love it for the "hausfrau" funk!

Jananvan, okay, I'll start researching and will report back when I have something wunderbar to write about. After Sunday, however, as our block party is all we can think about just now.

Friday, June 05, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home