Monday, June 15, 2009

Sweet! From The Sweet

Ever since I learned about Jamie Oliver from a fellow food blogger, My Beloved and I have watched his show and enjoyed it very much. We like how simple yet flavorful his dishes sound and how casual he is about making them.

We chuckle whenever he flips a leftover carrot top over his shoulder into the garden, or refuses to be prayerful about chopping ingredients. While he is clearly a master chef, we like that he doesn't try to sound like one and makes dishes that even I can duplicate with great results.

So, I was tickled pink when My Beloved surprised me by ordering the companion book to the TV series as a surprise present. Sweet! Now, we can delete all those saved shows on the VCR - I used to watch them two or three times and take notes before attempting the dishes. Now, I have the recipes all neatly bound in a lovely book that will shortly be covered with spatters.

Sweet! That man is so sweet!

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger meathenge said...

Huge fan and was lucky enough to have stumbled on his first show, first season. He's veered a little from his vision over the years, and it's nice to see him firmly planted once again! YAY.

Biggles

Monday, June 15, 2009  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

I like him, too. He really makes nice food look unafraidable. (word?) ;)

Monday, June 15, 2009  
Blogger Greg said...

I haven't seen his show in a while is it still on? We went to a book signing years ago and he is a smooth dude.

Monday, June 15, 2009  
Blogger Anna Haight said...

Haven't seen him so will have to keep my eyes peeled!

Monday, June 15, 2009  
Anonymous jananvan said...

Sorry to digress from his culinary talents, but did you know that his children are named Daisy Boo, Poppy Honey, and Petal Blossom Rainbow!?!

Monday, June 15, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Rev.Biggles, if he has your seal of approval, I _know_ he's fun!

Cookiecrumb, definitely a word!

Greg, how cool that you've met him in person. I have celeb envy.

Anna, I use the VCR to record his shows as they aren't on very often.

Jananvan, are you serious??? How embarrassing! Maybe those are noms de plume so the kids can have some anonymity at home?

Tuesday, June 16, 2009  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

He's got to stop having children! What names will he pick if he has daughters??
=kidding=

Tuesday, June 16, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Cookiecrumb, I had the same thought - "Jeez, I hope they are girls!" but then I thought that was pretty sexist. These would be dreadful names for any gender!

Tuesday, June 16, 2009  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

Isn't it lovely when a beloved comes up with an unexpected treat.
That's the only Jamie book we have I think, I loved that particular series. The bebe toads and quails in the vege garden.
Wouldn't mind the house and garden either!

Wednesday, June 17, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Yes, and I have beehive oven envy, as well!

Wednesday, June 17, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home