Thursday, February 5, 2009

Halibut Riff

Look familiar? Yes, this is the same preparation that the Italian Dish recommended for scallops but, having eaten one too many scallops in my youth, I seem to have developed an allergy to them - or maybe it's just an aversion. In any case, I wanted to try the orange-and-dried-herb combo on halibut.

Both My Beloved and I actually preferred the halibut this way to the scallops. The mild flavor of the fish was enriched by the sauteeing, the strong herbs and the freshness of the oranges. We will add this one under "Keepers" to our permanent recipe file.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Scallops for me please, but both look wonderful.

Thursday, February 05, 2009  
Blogger Nancy Ewart said...

I had an ill-fated encounter with some scallops so I can't eat them either but the sauce! The sauce is a keeper for all sorts of things (goes off to put thinkee food cap on).

Thursday, February 05, 2009  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

You've convinced Cranky to try this sauce on shrimp. We are creative, non?
(I'm in a mixed-up place on scallops. I think I'm not supposed to like them, but then I buy some and sear them, and yum. So that could happen, too.)

Thursday, February 05, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Greg, I am generous with my scallops - you may have my share!

Nancy, I was thinking it would be great with pork tenderloin, too.

Cookiecrumb, oooh, shrimp! Good idea!

Friday, February 06, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home