Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Holy Smoke!

I'm not a religious person, but I've just had a religious experience.

Ribs from the Reverend Dr. Biggles.

When his crazy neighbors rejected his offer of leftover ribs, this dear man called me so I raced over to his house to pick them up right now! My mother didn't raise any fools.

Open the foil covering - the first sniff wafts up like the song of angels. The first bite sends your taste buds heavenward. Porky, meaty, smoky and lightly salty, these are the same ribs he brought to the Food Bloggers' Picnic and they are divine. The man is bucking for sainthood, both as a great Dad and as a godlike chef of smoky meats.

My Beloved and I had a heavenly summer dinner in the soft evening light. We are not religious people, but we said our own version of Grace.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

I'm salivating -- and jealous.

Wednesday, October 08, 2008  
Blogger Greg said...

Biggs is the best you luckies!

Wednesday, October 08, 2008  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Asshole didn't call me.

Wednesday, October 08, 2008  
Blogger Anna Haight said...

You lucky ones! I can still taste those food blogger ribs!

Wednesday, October 08, 2008  
Blogger Nancy Ewart said...

I am so jealous. His neighbors are idiots but you guys obviously are not only smart but lucky (:::::gggggrrrrrrr::::::)
But I'm OK with this. Really. Some people deserve all the luck. Really.

Thursday, October 09, 2008  
Blogger meathenge said...

Actually, those are a little different. These ones here were smoked in a wood fired pit, whereas the ones I brought to the party were cooked in a smoker fired by an electric hotplate with a smoke generator. I have to admit, they're both fricken GREAT.

Hi Cookie!

Biggles

Thursday, October 09, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I lived in his neighborhood he wouldn't have to come to me. I'd be on his doorstep with cookies or something before they were off the grill asking to make an exchange!

Friday, October 10, 2008  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Hi Biggles.

Friday, October 10, 2008  
Blogger Chilebrown said...

The Reverend does a good Job. I wish I was in the Inner Circle.

Friday, October 10, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Dagny, I like being the object of envy!

Greg, yes, he is!

Cookiecrumb, maybe you'll get the nod next time...

Anna, and you a peskytarian! :-)

Nancy, yeah, I kissed up a little and it paid off!

Biggles, thanks, I stand corrected. And blissful.

Mrs. I, I'm glad I don't have to compete with you!

Chilebrown, I think you are in the inner circle - don't you meaty guys do things together all the time?

Sunday, October 12, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home