Thursday, October 2, 2008

Blogger Feast

When the bloggers' picnic was over and the last guest had gone, My Beloved and I put our feet up and just recalled all the fun and enjoyed a well-earned rest. The cooking had all been done by the bloggers but the housework that preceded the party was monumental - things kinda got away from me since retirement!

Anyway, much later, we started to feel peckish so I went back to the kitchen to prepare plates of goodies left over from the picnic. Look what a feast we had after the feast!

Tabouli from a Lebanese family recipe of NamasteNancy's, redolent with parsley and wrapped in a grape leaf. Fresh tomato salad from Greg and April's garden and foccacia from the secret San Francisco bakery they have found. Country pate' with crankers thanks to Cookiecrumb and Cranky. A slice of our own Tarte Flambee. Fresh fruit salad with sweetened yogurt from Moonbear. You can sell my clothes; I died and went to heaven.

Dr. Biggles' killer salt ribs were all gone, sadly, and ditto with Kudzu's chocolate chip cookies - I coulda enjoyed one or two dozen more of each of those! And, maybe a spoonful of Dagny's seafood salad. Luckily, we still have some gorgeous fruit to from the cornucopia of ripe fruits that Anna brought - we'll enjoy that all week!

Thanks to all who came laden with lovely dishes and a party attitude!

12 Comments:

Blogger meathenge said...

I think I'm going to make some more rib this weekend. Yeshir!

Biggles

ps - Thanks for hosting, I know what it takes and it's a lot!

Thursday, October 02, 2008  
Blogger Dagny said...

Thank you for hosting.

Thursday, October 02, 2008  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

We're still feasting too. It was absolutely brilliant and charming of you to see that we all got to take home samples of one anothers' contributions.

Thursday, October 02, 2008  
Blogger Nancy Ewart said...

I'm so glad that you liked my tabouli. We will tactfully pass over the Chinese Cabbage Salad experiment. I had a great time, thought the company was the absolute best and thought that your house was paradise on earth.

Thursday, October 02, 2008  
Blogger Chilebrown said...

Oh you food lovin foo's!

Thursday, October 02, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Biggles, let me know when they are done and I'll be right over! You're welcome - it was fun!

Dagny, I'm glad you could join us.

Cookiecrumb, nothing quite so nice as fancy leftovers one need not cook, right?

Nancy, I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself - we did, too!

Chilebrown, how was your vacation in 'Zona? I'll have to check out your blog to read about it.

Friday, October 03, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am so sorry to have missed out on all the fun! maybe next time we can have it at my house, if no one is allergic to bees!
^_^

Friday, October 03, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Sara, just name the day! :-)

Saturday, October 04, 2008  
Blogger kudzu said...

Zoomie--I noted there's no trout pate on your plate, and that is not because I'm a stingy provider: I am strict about saving any delicate mixture like that after it has been at room temp for more than three hours!
Far be it from me to upset anyone's tum.

Everything was splendid and thanks again for the afternoon overlooking the Bay!

Saturday, October 04, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Kudzu, none of your cookies remained after the event, either, sad to say!

Saturday, October 04, 2008  
Blogger Anna Haight said...

Thanks so much for hosting such a fabulous event. It was great to meet you and all the bloggers! I'm still remembering those great tastes!

Saturday, October 04, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Anna, thanks for coming and adding fun to the party!

Sunday, October 05, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home