Friday, August 8, 2008

Bindi Bites

These little confections were discovered in a local eatery, Little Louie's, where I usually pick up coffee on my morning walks.

Spying these pint-sized cookies in the case, I decided to give them a try. Not house-made, the cashier thought they came from Bindi, an Italian dessert house with factories all over the known world. Hmmm...

The pink ones are strawberry, nicely lively with strawberry flavor, and who can resist the pink color. The white one (vanilla? maybe?) wasn't my favorite, but the brown (chocolate) and the khaki (definitely coffee and the best of the bunch) were even better than the pink.

As you can tell from the picture, they are crumbly - sort of meringue sandwich cookies with a layer of strawberry/chocolate/coffee/mystery in between the two halves. Nice. Tasty. Light. Ladylike (except for the crumbs). I think I'll include them in my next afternoon tea service.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

Hmmmm. I haven't been to Little Louie's since high school. Obviously I am overdue for a trip.

Friday, August 08, 2008  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

I believe those are macarons. All the rage in Paris.

Friday, August 08, 2008  
Blogger Michelle said...

Macaroons!!! Those are definitely macaroons - I have to find a source here (you wouldn't happen to know one, would you?), as these are quite possibly my favorite cookie (and far beyond my baking ability to make!)!!

Friday, August 08, 2008  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

Yep Macaroons - the best round my way come from the Lindt Chocolate Cafe, mmm 70% chocolate macaroons.

Friday, August 08, 2008  
Blogger Anna Haight said...

These DO look ladylike - what fun with tea!

Friday, August 08, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Dagny, well, come on down! I'm sure they miss you!

Cookiecrumb, I thought so but wasn't sure...

Michelle, sadly, no, and you'd have trouble keeping them crisp in Hawaii...

Morgan, OMG, 70%!

Anna, they were tasty, too!

Saturday, August 09, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Michelle - you might try the Bindi website to see if they have a list of distributors or retailers and perhaps you could contact those guys?

Saturday, August 09, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Michelle, I forgot to include this link... they don't list distributors on the website but here's a contact link...
http://www.bindiusa.com/contactus.asp

Saturday, August 09, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home