Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Meme City

Thought I'd give you a pretty picture from my garden to look at while I answer the meme from Nerissa that I was tagged with a few days ago. It's a longish meme, so you may want to get a cuppa something before you begin reading.

1. Last movie seen in a movie theater?
"Mama Mia," a wonderful, joyous romp, almost as good as the stage version was. Meryl Streep shows us once again that she can do anything!

2. What book are you reading?
A great spoof called, "Endgame," by Andy Secombe from my pal Wenirs and I'm nibbling my way through "Inside Inside" by the very literate and somewhat ponderous James Lipton.

3. Favorite board game.
Scrabble, hands down!

4. Favorite magazine.
Sunset, Bon Appetit (because Molly's articles are in it), and Science News.

5. Favorite smells.
Fresh air off the ocean, sun-dried clothes and bedding, my moisturizer (Crabtree & Evelyn, Swiss something)

6. Favorite sounds.
Gentle snoring from My Beloved, cats purring, soft waves on sand.

7. Worst feeling in the world.
Losing a loved one, human or animal.

8. First thing you think of when you wake?
Gotta go pee.

9. Favorite fast food place.
Seabreeze Market in Berkeley.

10. Future child's name?
Had I had them, a girl would have been Johnna Wendy (or Wendy Johnna) and a boy would have been Garth with some kind of family middle name.

11. Finish this statement: "If I had a lot of money..."
I'd fly first class to Europe and see each country in a leisurely manner, staying in rented apartments or houses and making friends all over. Then, I'd start on Asia...

12. Do you drive fast?
I used to but since I retired, I'm getting a bumper sticker that says, "I'm retired. Go around me."

13. Sleep with stuffed animals?
No, not for many years since I found My Beloved.

14. Storms - cool or scary?
Usually cool, especially lightning storms, ice storms that knock out the power for days with spectacular beauty, and heavy snowfalls that result in "snow days."

15. What was your first car?
1959 Hillman sedan. It smelled inside like the cigars the previous owner smoked and had to be backed up steep hills but I loved it. Independence!

16. Favorite drink?
Currently, tea made by steeping fresh mint and camomile tea in water in the fridge, but usually Diet Coke.

17. Finish this statement: "If I had the time, I would..."
Now I have the time for just about anything and I'm busy doing them - gardening, walking, lunching with friends, visiting museums, taking classes, making art books, napping, traveling - woo hoo!

18. Do you eat the stems on broccoli?
Oh, yeah. If it's stringy, I peel it before cooking but I love it.

19. If you could dye your hair any other color, what would it be?
If I could switch back instantly, I'd probably try a variety of colors - purple, blonde, blue, zebra striped... but it takes too long to grow it out so I'm sticking with dark brown with liberal gray.

20. Name all the different cities in which you have lived.
Patuxent River, MD (twice); Virginia Beach, VA (twice); Honolulu, HI (twice); Washington, DC (three times); Argentia, Newfoundland, Canada; Cannes, France; Yokosuka, Japan; Palo Alto, CA; Rochester, NY; Omaha, NB; Alameda, CA; Richmond, CA.

21. Favorite sport to watch?
Dressage or Sumo wrestling.

22. One nice thing about the person who sent you this meme?
She gives me great ideas for new dishes to try and she comments on my blog, which makes me happy as I know someone is reading it! She's a good writer, too. Okay, so I broke the rules and added three. Sue me!

23. What's under your bed?
You mean besides dust kitties? Storage drawers full of off-season clothes, maps and art/craft supplies.

24. Would you like to be born again as yourself?
Yes, I'm the luckiest person I know.

25. Morning person or night owl?
Morning, morning, morning!

26. Over easy or sunny side up?
Over easy, but I prefer poached to fried.

27. Favorite place to relax.
Hawaii - especially the Big Island but Kailua Beach on Oahu is a close second.

28. Favorite ice cream flavor.
Coffee, no contest.

29. Of the people you have tagged, who is the most likely to respond first?
Impossible to tell.

Now I am supposed to tag four or five other bloggers but I've bugged them all recently with a meme so I'm hesitating to do it again... is that really, really bad?

Voluntary meme: If you'd like to enter this meme, leave me a comment to let me know you're doing it and I'll add your names to this post so others can find you. I'd honestly be interested in your answers!


Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

Re #8 0 me too!

Tuesday, August 05, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re Momma Mia.

Watch the credits.

The second encore during the credits is worth the price of the ticket.

Tuesday, August 05, 2008  
Blogger Michelle said...

Oh! I didn't realize you lived in Hawaii too! Or if I did know, I already forgot! You inspire me: I love that you feel you are the luckiest person in the world - I need to remember how lucky I am to be me. Thanks for all the insight! I need to go see Mama Mia too!

Tuesday, August 05, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Morgan, _so_ annoying, it wakes me every day!

ntsc, yes, loved the second encore both in the play and in the movie!

Michelle, enjoy Mama Mia when you see it - lots of great messages as well as just plain fun!

Wednesday, August 06, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home