Thursday, July 24, 2008

Peanut Sale

For many years, my sister's husband Tom was a peanut farmer in southern Virginia, where they grow the very best peanuts on the planet. Georgia peanuts? Pshaw! President Carter wished he could have grown peanuts like these! Virginia peanuts are da bomb, and well worth increasing your carbon footprint to obtain.

Tom used to sell his peanut crop to these guys, Plantation Peanuts of Wakefield, Virginia. I've blogged about these in the past but wanted to let you know that they are currently having a sale. If you love peanuts like I do, visit their website and place your order!

Tom is no longer farming, so you needn't think that I have a family axe to grind - this is just from one peanut lover to another!

And send some positive healing energy toward Tom this week as he's recovering from surgery. Thanks.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger cookiecrumb said...

I like Oakland A's peanuts. Aren't they local?

Thursday, July 24, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Cookie, ha-ha! Youse so funny!

Friday, July 25, 2008  
Blogger kudzu said...

Thanks for the sale tip. I ordered some goobers and a package of sliced country ham, as well (to see how I like it before committing to something bigger).

I agree about Georgia peanuts, even though I was born there -- but I maintain Georgia pecans are superior. When fall rolls around I'll give you some sources for ordering, if you like.

I'm holding good thoughts for your brother.

Friday, July 25, 2008  
Blogger kudzu said...

PS I just realized Tom is your brother-in-law, not your brother. The good thoughts still hold. In my family in-laws and outlaws alike are loved equally.

Friday, July 25, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Kudzu, cool! Hope you enjoy them as much as I do! And, yes, please on the pecan ordering - love them! And thanks for the good wishes for Tom.

Friday, July 25, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home