Monday, July 21, 2008

Am I the Last?

Am I the last person in the Bay area to discover that, in addition to their delicious artisan-shaped breads, Acme also makes loaves of lovely bread? Where have I been all these years?

Anyway, in the past two weeks I have tried two of their loaf-shaped offerings, this Whole Wheat Seed bread and their Herb Loaf, which tastes like the herb slab they make, only taller.

The wheat bread is really nice, firm and full of wheaty goodness, not as dense and hearty as my own wheat bread, but that's a good thing! This bread has the lighter texture I was looking for without being wimpy. The herb loaf is studded with little flecks of herbs, a nice change from standard sandwich bread and toast.

I'm one of those people who is always out of the loop, but I finally get the picture!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger ChrisB said...

They make lovely bread which I was lucky enough to sample when I visited Sam.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

ChrisB, when are you coming back? I would love to take you to lunch while you're here!

Tuesday, July 22, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home