Monday, June 30, 2008

Welcome Back, Old Friend

Here's a salad we haven't been able to enjoy since 'way long ago last fall when the last of the ripe, locally grown heirloom tomatoes was available. Good old caprese salad, with colorful tomatoes plus fresh mozzarella* and basil, drizzled with a little balsamic vinaigrette. Oh, yum! Welcome back! We missed you!

*I learned a new trick since the last time I made this - use an egg slicer, the kind with the thin, thin wires, to cut the mozzarella. Much tidier than trying to cut that soft, squishy cheese by hand!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger cookiecrumb said...

ADORABLE.

Monday, June 30, 2008  
Blogger meathenge said...

Dang, is it that time already? I checked out Meat Genius, now Zoomie. Am sooooo hungry!

Biggles

Monday, June 30, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That little slicer is good for kiwi and avocado and mushrooms and...man I use that thing all the time! Though your salad looks much better than anything I've ever produced!

Monday, June 30, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Cookiecrumb, oh, yeah!

Rev, hope you found some victuals soon!

Mrs. I, I never thought of using the slicer for mushrooms - interesting idea - I'll try it! Thanks!

Monday, June 30, 2008  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

Bliss on a plate.

Tuesday, July 01, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Morgan, you described it perfectly!

Wednesday, July 02, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home