Saturday, February 16, 2008

Sorry, Kermit, but It's Easy Being Green

The pair of scrub jays who are nesting in a big tree just off my deck were most upset when I set out my clothesline for the first time in months. Flying from tree to tree, they exclaimed to each other over the invasion. They thought they had the place to themselves.

The return of blue skies reminded me that the sun does a better job of drying our clothes than any old dryer can. I hung out two loads of wash this morning before My Beloved and I left for our lunch with Cookiecrumb and Cranky and, when we returned, magically it was ready to bring in and fold away, freshening with sun-dried scent every time we open a drawer.

Once they get used to my flapping laundry, the scrub jay family will learn that I'm no threat - I'm just enjoying being a little green..

4 Comments:

Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

I'm a big fan of sun n air dried laundry - the smell of sheets fresh off the line is a wonderful thing - so it's lucky I live somewhere where you don't need to own a dryer (mostly anyway), it is indeed easy to be green.

Saturday, February 16, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

DMM, we are like that here, too - for more than half the year, we can dry things outdoors, saving time, money and energy as well as getting the bonus of the lovely scent!

Monday, February 18, 2008  
Blogger Anna Haight said...

Japanese women have often told me that clothes driers are 'unhealthy', only the sun can sterilize the clothes. I just like the smell too.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Anna, more evidence for my side!

Thursday, February 21, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home