Thursday, February 7, 2008

Katie's Confit

One of my favorite blogs is "Thyme for Cooking" written by Katie Z, who also hatched the idea of the holiday herb exchange last year. Whenever I have an extra minute or two, I click on over there to see what she's making for dinner.

This time, her Red Wine Shallot Confit really had me drooling, so I nipped out to the store to get some shallots and whipped up a batch to serve with my pork tenderloin for dinner.

The confit is a wonderful combination of sweet and savory, perfect with the pork. It's easy enough to make, I usually have all the ingredients on hand, and it made my humble pork tenderloin into something really special. I didn't have time to try her crust for the tenderloin but it was really delicious even without it - the confit made it so! I will save this recipe and bless Katie for sharing every time I use it.

4 Comments:

Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Aw, Zoomie, pork tenderloin isn't humble. It's ethereal.
I guess it's even better with Katie's onion jam! Nice.

Wednesday, February 06, 2008  
Blogger Katie Zeller said...

Thank you, thank you! I'm so glad you liked it!
And it looks even better with all that beautiful spinach!

Thursday, February 07, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Cookiecrumb, I love it, too, but always think of pig as humble, thanks to Charlotte.

KatieZ, super yummy, like so much that you make! I'm looking forward to retirement when I can try some of the more time-consuming goodies I see on your blog!

Thursday, February 07, 2008  
Blogger Buzz Baylis said...

Hi All,

I will add that the pork and onion combination was _great_ in an omelette the next morning!

MB

Thursday, February 07, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home