Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Funny Spooky Sad

I've read a couple of interesting books lately that I thought I'd tell you about. This one is one of the very best with a quirky time travel plot that follows the love story between Clare and Henry throughout their lives. It's well written and literate without being pedantic and really made me care about these two characters, as well as their friends and families. It is funny, intriguingly plotted and sometimes very sad, too. A rollercoaster of a book, but well worth the ride.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

I absolutely loved that book when I read it. And of course, the movie will be coming out later this year.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Dagny, hard to imagine how they could make the movie as good as this book! I think I'll stick with the written version.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008  
Blogger Katie Zeller said...

I loved, loved, loved that book! I read it twice within 3 months!
And the members in my book club hated it! Go figure...maybe it's a British thing.
A movie... I don't think I'd see it..it's too vivid in my mind's eye.
Oh and thanks for 'Acquired Tastes'. it's on my list!

Thursday, February 07, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

KatieZ, wonderful read, isn't it? Glad you liked it, too. Somehow thought you would!

Thursday, February 07, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home