Friday, February 29, 2008

Best French Toast

Still finding riffs on the orange theme, we tried Emeril's Favorite French Toast on Presidents Day morning. I was recovering from a nasty cold and laryngitis so cooking was the most fun I had all day - if you don't count coughing, blowing my nose for the 600th time, and squeaking when I speak as "fun."

Luckily, I could get this recipe without being subjected to Emeril himself - his style is a little over-the-top for me - by Googling "orange French toast" and visiting his website.

My Beloved declared it to be the best French toast he has ever eaten - he likes the way the orange juice lightens the eggs and the orange zest really brings home the citrus message. So, even when you aren't feeling crappy and in need of vitamin C, we can recommend this delicious change-of-pace breakfast.

4 Comments:

Blogger Katie Zeller said...

I didn't see Emeril once while I was in the U.S.
I have to admit he drove me a bit batty..... A competant chef should not make incorrect assumptions and then speak as if it's gospel and he shouldn't mispronounce food names....
Hmmmmm, I think I need a nap - feeling a bit cranky here.
The French Toast looks and sounds gorgeous!!!!

Friday, February 29, 2008  
Blogger Heather said...

You forgot the mimosas! :)

I might be due for a French toast Saturday.

Friday, February 29, 2008  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Great idea!! I will try and associate it with you, not Emeril.

Friday, February 29, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

KatieZ, I'm a big fan of napping and think it should be mandatory!

Heather, wow, talk about over-the-top, mimosas with orange French toast would be overkill! (But, yummy!)

Cookiecrumb, wish I could claim the idea but I'll bet it wasn't original with Emeril, either!

Friday, February 29, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home