Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Show Us Your Apron

Ilva at Lucullian wanted pictures of our aprons; here's the back of mine. It's easier to understand the construction when you see it from the back. It's a Japanese-style apron that covers the whole front and sides of the cook and has three-quarter length sleeves. I don't usually tie both ties, just slip it on, tie the top, and go.

When you find the authentic Japanese ones, they are usually white with a pretty little lace inset across the square neck. I wore out my authentic one and searched high and low for a replacement until I found this admittedly ugly print one to replace it. I'm still looking for another authentic one but I've had this one for a long time and we are comfortable with each other.

8 Comments:

Blogger Ilva said...

But I like that print, it looks great! The design of it reminds me a little of hospital though but I can see that it would be perfect for me on Friday nights when I make pizzas and find myself covered with flour, dough and tomato sauce. Just like a 4 yr old. Thanks a lot for participating!

Wednesday, July 11, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Thanks, Ilva! Can I come to your house next Friday night? :-)

Thursday, July 12, 2007  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Cool apron, Zoomie. It was those white 'n' lace ones I was referring to over on my blog when I called them sorta girly.
This one works.
Wait!! I DID buy one of those white girly aprons in Yokosuka. I just remembered. The elastic in the sleeves went slack rather quickly so I guess I junked it. How unimaginative of me.
Let's go to Japantown.

Thursday, July 12, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

cookiecrumb: I'm game; let's go!

Saturday, July 14, 2007  
Blogger Karen Baking Soda said...

Ilva and I are on the same plane! I like the print, and the thought of hospitals crossed my mind too(or rather USA tv-series, cause they don't issue hospital gowns here). I can see it's practical though...

Wednesday, July 18, 2007  
Blogger Pille said...

Have never seen a Japanese style apron before - it's almost like a kimono! And yes, the print is lovely, too.

Thursday, July 19, 2007  
Blogger Simona Carini said...

I had never seen this kind of apron: it certainly solves the problem I have of sleeves getting floured or otherwise splattered with various juices. By the way, I live in Berkeley (part of the time).

Thursday, July 19, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Baking Soda, thanks for visiting. I have chuckled over Ilva's and now your idea of the hospital gown!

Pille, yes, Japanese ladies wear these _over_ their kimonos so it makes sense that they look similar. I love mine!

Simona, welcome to a fellow East Bay-er! Yes, the sleeves make so much _sense_, don't they?

Thursday, July 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home