Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Anniversary Dinner

Okay, so not content with showering me with tickets to concerts and wonderful champagne glasses, MB treated me tonight to an anniversary dinner at Rivoli in Berkeley on Solano Avenue.

This was our first visit to Rivoli where we admired the small, quiet dining room with a back wall that is completely glass, showcasing the lovely little garden filled with green and flowers.

And the dinner! This is my plate of Mixed Grill of Liberty Duck Leg Confit, Rivoli Chicken Sausage and Fennel Cured Pork Tenderloin with Petite Cassoulet and Watercress Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette.

Killer!

Everything was delicious, perfectly cooked and seasoned, and the slightly astringent watercress with vinaigrette made the meats sit up and sing. It was all simply delicious but I made sure my last bite was the Rivoli Chicken Sausage - it was unbelievably good!

The service was wonderful, too, attentive without smothering, prompt without the least hint of hurrying us along, and even the guy who cleared the table did it quietly and gracefully. No clashing of plates here.

And the dessert!

I reserved a piece of the apricot cherry galette with vanilla ice cream and lemon balsamic syrup because our server hinted that they were running low on that dessert. Bless her heart! I raise my glass to her! The crust was buttery, the fruit was perfect and the lemon syrup just tangy enough to complement the rest. I'd have licked the plate if I thought I could do it gracefully!

A wonderful end to our 8th anniversary celebration. Happy Anniversary, again, MB!

5 Comments:

Blogger Buzz Baylis said...

Ah!, my Zoomie,

Let me update your last sentence ... the celebration goes on year round! :-*

XO,
MB

Tuesday, July 10, 2007  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Happy anniversary to you both. When was it? I celebrated my 26th with Cranky on June 27...
Nice to hear you feted it up so well.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

BuzzB: Thanks to you, it does!

cookiecrumb: It was yesterday, the 10th of July. Congrats on your much more impressive number - ours is only 8 this time around.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, maybe the queen and I should do one before I get a walker or an electric cane ah! ah!

Zoomie, you should become an eaterie and restaurant reviewer. Our next outting is to Rivoli.

Mo

Friday, July 13, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Hi, Mo! By all means, take Patty and go! We had a wonderful meal there and will happily go again! Glad you liked the post - this blogging thing is really fun!

Saturday, July 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home