Sunday, July 8, 2007

New Fridge

It's only a month or so old but already it is covered with fridge "art."

It arrived looking very sleek and clean almost like a piece of Brancusi sculpture, but that didn't last long. Whoever would dare to clutter up a Brancusi sculpture?

We immediately commandeered the space for our favorite pictures of ourselves, reminders of dear and distant family and friends (some even gone to heaven) and of course the toast tongs and the church key, not to mention the cutting boards tucked along side. It merits a clutter-free zone so one could just admire it but I think it's happier this way.

Kind of the Velveteen Rabbit of kitchen appliances. Think I'll at least clean the inside.


4 Comments:

Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Brancusi! *Snerk*
You liberal arts major!!
BTW, my very first blog post was about the installation of my new dual-fuel convection oven/range.
It's liberating, in a major kitchen appliance way.
Liberal arts-ating.
Hope to see more of you.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I see that is the freezer on the bottom. I want feedback. That is the first appliance we plan to replace and SOONER than later. I want the freezer below, but am having a hard time justifying the increased price for this. Tell me it is better for us boomers, and I'll rethink my hesitancy. What brand by the way.
Donna

Wednesday, July 11, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

cookiecrumb: Hope my major appliance post is as fun as yours about the dual-fuel installation! When I found your blog, I read all your archives and enjoyed them all. Love your style!

anonymous: I'm a boomer and, yes!, I love the freezer on the bottom. You do have to reach down into the freezer, but it has three drawers that make it easy and the stuff you use daily is in the top where you can see it. Plus, it's "shallower" than conventional fridges, so stuff doesn't get lost in the back, grow hair and become a potential cure for some exotic disease. Ours is a Fisher & Paykel, the only one we could find that was small enough to fit in the space vacated by our late, unlamented Fridge of the '70s!

Wednesday, July 11, 2007  
Blogger Michael Sheen said...

Good article, but it would be better if in future you can share more about this subject. Keep posting.
fridge for sale in sharjah

Wednesday, October 16, 2019  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home