Monday, January 27, 2014

Butchie

I had peanut butter toast for breakfast this morning. "So what?" you ask. So, it always reminds me of Butchie Davenport, one of my father's best friends, who introduced me to peanut butter toast one summer morning in Michigan. It was a staple breakfast for him and he was surprised I didn't know about it.  I never make it without thinking of him.

I wrote about this a few years ago and, when I went back to re-read, I found that I had said it all in that post. So, if you want to read it, go here and learn about one of the best guys ever to walk the planet.

If not, see you next time! But, you are missing a treat even more delicious than peanut butter toast.

4 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Yums! I always add some jelly. Knott's Berry Farm Seedless Boysenberry is my latest muse.

Tuesday, January 28, 2014  
Blogger Diane said...

What a beautiful tribute to a wonderful. Thanks for sharing it again. I missed it the first time around.

Tuesday, January 28, 2014  
Blogger Diane said...

That should be wonderful man! Wish blogger would let me edit.

Tuesday, January 28, 2014  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Greg, jelly is good.

Diane, thanks. He was very special. And I agree about letting us edit - I wish there was a way.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home