Sunday, January 19, 2014

The Spoils of War

I'm not a betting woman.  I once put a quarter in a slot machine and immediately knew that the trilling excitement I felt while the wheels were spinning was dangerously addictive. I never did it again. Oh, I have bought the occasional lottery ticket (and even won $35 once), but I am generally as leery of gambling as I am of drugs, recreational or otherwise. There are just some things I know I couldn't control. I have to admit, however, that I get a kick out of other people's bets.

You may have heard that the mayor of San Francisco and the mayor of Seattle had a bet on about the football game today. My Beloved had a bet with a friend, too, his buddy Tom from Green Bay last week.  If the 49ers lost, My Beloved owed Tom Ghirardelli chocolate. Because San Francisco won and because Tom lives in Wisconsin, we have a nice selection of goodies to enjoy with today's game.

The meats are from Nueske's. That alone would have made this a welcome gift, but there are cheeses and crackers with a hot, sweet mustard as well. 

Thanks, Tom! 

And, Go, Niners!


6 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Nice!!

Sunday, January 19, 2014  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Oh, well, at least it was a good, close game...

Sunday, January 19, 2014  
Blogger Diane said...

too bad! my son-in-law is a fan too!

Tuesday, January 21, 2014  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Diane, a good game with the wrong outcome. :-)

Tuesday, January 21, 2014  
Blogger Katie Zeller said...

Very nice....
I used to love playing blackjack on the rare occasion we went to Las Vegas, but I would never play any game that allowed my to use a credit card - for the same reason.... too easily addictive. Blackjack was more about the ambiance.

Thursday, January 23, 2014  
Blogger Zoomie said...

KatieZ, I'm very afraid of Las Vegas, although I'd enjoy going just to poke through the pawn shops. Must be interesting!

Thursday, January 23, 2014  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home