Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy 2014!

When My Beloved came down with the flu on Christmas Eve day, I didn't really expect it to last 'til New Year's, but here he is on New Year's day, getting ready for lunch on the deck. He's still in his PJs, but at least he feels vigorous enough to sit outdoors and enjoy a shot of vitamin D straight from the source.

It didn't hurt that the weather was in the mid 60s, brightly sunny, and windless. The upside of the drought we've been experiencing is day after day of sunny, calm weather that's unseasonably warm. This is officially the driest calendar year on record. I have to admit that I have loved all the sunny days, even if they mean water restrictions in 2014.

Anyway, here we are, wishing you all the best in 2014 and beyond!  May it be a healthy year for you, as well as a happy one.

6 Comments:

Blogger cookiecrumb said...

I hate to ask, but did he get a flu shot this season? If he did, I apologize, because I hear it's a nasty bug. But you didn't catch it, Zooms. Were you vaxed?
Best of health to you both.

Wednesday, January 01, 2014  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Cookiecrumb, you aren't the first to scold us.

Thursday, January 02, 2014  
Blogger Nancy Ewart said...

Good to see that he is out and about.

Thursday, January 02, 2014  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Nancy, yes, he even walked Cora with me today. I think he is all better now.

Thursday, January 02, 2014  
Blogger Katie Zeller said...

Happy New Year to you both
My hubs got the bug the Sunday before Christmas.... Ha managed to be up and about for all the dinners, though. Back to normal...almost LOL

Thursday, January 02, 2014  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Katie, I'm glad you didn't miss those dinners! We have been housebound for nearly two weeks. Oh, well, this too shall pass.

Thursday, January 02, 2014  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home