Friday, December 13, 2013

Coming Out From Under The Rock

You know how it is when you go out for dinner at a Mexican restaurant, order your favorite plate, and find that you can't possibly finish it all?  I have a solution!  Eat everything but the rice and beans - that will be a fine meal, for sure. Then, surprise the waiter by asking to take to rice and beans home in a doggy bag. 

Her/his eyes will widen in surprise and s/he may even shake her/his head in wonder at your frugal wackiness. Never mind, you'll be glad you did.

The next day, warm a tortilla and your leftovers and make a soft taco or two out of your rice and beans, plus whatever other colorful goodies you like in your tacos. Avocado slices, tomato slices, green onion, white onion, hot sauce, lettuce, cilantro - whatever!  Then roll up that bad boy and have a second feast for free!

Now, you're probably thinking, "Sheesh, I've been doing this for years! What rock has she been living under all this time?" 

6 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Ewart said...

I would never be so rude but left over Mexican food has often been a second or third meal at chez Nancy.

Friday, December 13, 2013  
Blogger Diane said...

Always fun to learn others' tricks! thanks for this one!!

Saturday, December 14, 2013  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Nancy, I don't know why it hasn't occurred to me before to save the rice and beans. Just a slow study, I guess.

Diane, glad you liked it. You're welcome.

Sunday, December 15, 2013  
Blogger Nancy Ewart said...

OT - I know that you like Brussels sprouts. Have you seen the recipe for Brussels sprouts, hash and eggs here:

http://www.amateurgourmet.com/

Sunday, December 15, 2013  
Blogger Greg said...

Leftover or first up that taco is grand.

Monday, December 16, 2013  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Nancy, I had not seen that but it looks like a winner to me! And My Beloved will be out for a business dinner on Wednesday night… :-)

Greg, it really was. I love a veggie taco!

Monday, December 16, 2013  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home