Sunday, June 16, 2013

Best. Ever.

My Beloved goes on business trips from time to time. Usually they are short - a day or three - but sometimes they are longer. We catch up by phone while he is away and I have learned over the years to expect little presents to arrive sometimes, as well. Occasionally, a florist truck will arrive with a bunch of cut flowers for me to arrange - I worked for several years as a floral designer and he knows I like to keep my hand in.  

Other times, I will find that he has left some little goodie or a sweet note around the house, or has recorded a loving voice message on the answering machine. This time, one day after he left, I received a mysteriously heavy big cardboard box packed with a styrofoam cooler inside of which was a whole lot of ice packs and two entire pounds of Nueske's bacon! 

Best. Bacon. Ever.

I squirreled it away in the freezer to save for his return, when we will bust out one of the packages and have a feast. And, when I'm feeling a little lonely, I just go look in the freezer to get a warm, fuzzy glow. Almost as good as hearing his voice on the phone.

Best. Husband. Ever.

6 Comments:

Blogger cookiecrumb said...

I am beyond stunned. What a romantic man! (And nothing says romance like bacon.)
I adore that he sends you flowers to arrange. Pictures, or it didn't happen!

Sunday, June 16, 2013  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Cookiecrumb, he is one in a buzzillion.

Monday, June 17, 2013  
Blogger Greg said...

The way to a woman's heart is with bacon! :)

Monday, June 17, 2013  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Greg, and romance! But you knew that, I can tell.

Monday, June 17, 2013  
Blogger Diane said...

I love the little notes and surprise gifts. he is one very special man!

Tuesday, June 18, 2013  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Diane, he is, indeed. Lucky me!

Wednesday, June 19, 2013  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home