Saturday, January 5, 2013

Disguised

Those amazing beans in the lamb and bean stew were too good to throw out, but we had had all we wanted of them for the meantime. I stuck the rest in the fridge, figuring I'd have it one day when My Beloved was out on business.

But, then we had a pre-Christmas celebratory dinner with daughter Katie and her hubz, a rack of lamb. I saved all the bones and made lamb broth with them (oh, yes!). Katie mentioned that lamb broth makes a killer risotto, so stand by for that post, but in the meantime, I thought I'd also make soup.

When the broth had simmered for several hours, long enough to get all the good stuff out of dem bones, I simply removed the bones, threw in the rest of that bean stew and added some fresh green beans and carrots, plus a couple of leftover roasted fingerling potatoes and parsnips. 

The deep-down goodness of the beans still stole the show, but the warm broth and fresh veggies disguised what would otherwise simply have been boring old leftovers. I could eat this every day for a year.


3 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Enjoying your creativity with the beans and lamb; sounds so luscious for the cold winter day we have here in MN.

Saturday, January 05, 2013  
Blogger Katie Zeller said...

I love beans.... and have been eating them lately, too. Something about cold weather and beans.
I've never made broth with lamb - will now!
Happy New Year!

Saturday, January 05, 2013  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Diane, these would be perfect for your winter weather, indeed.

Katiez, the lamb broth is killer! Happy New Year!

Sunday, January 06, 2013  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home