Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Holiday Break


All of my professional life, I worked in colleges as a career counselor. Around this time of year, there was always a holiday break in the class schedule. After I graduated, I no longer got the break - we worked up until Christmas Eve, but often the workload was lighter as the students were off to spend the holidays with their families. Who needs career advice during the holidays?  Very few.

So, we'd schedule our holiday parties for that time of year and visit with other departments that we rarely saw, eat too many goodies, and relax a little before starting to plan for the new semester. It is a nice time on college campuses, quiet and friendly and relaxed. The library is open but most of the faculty are gone.

Anyway, in the spirit of Christmas break, I've decided to take a vacation from blogging, too. I haven't cooked anything original in a while and I'm not feeling inspired to share whatever else is going on around here, so it must be time to have a little rest.  I may pop back in if something notable happens; otherwise, I will likely see you back here after the New Year.

I hope your holidays are merry and filled with friends and fun. We plan to go into the city to see the holiday decorations and store windows, we have several holiday parties lined up already, including one that we are hosting, and there's some serious caroling to do. It's always a good time to connect with neighbors and family and friends, so we're going to focus on that.  We may drive down to SOCA to see the Rose Parade in person on New Year's Day, or we may just hunker in at home and watch it on TV. In either case, My Beloved, Cora and I will be together enjoying long walks and some "down time." Hope you get some relaxation time as well.

Happy Holidays!  Happy New Year! And on to 2013!

7 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Have a great vacation/holiday! Happy New Year. Great time of year for a cruise to Mexico. Sunshine for the holidays. Just saying. ;)

Tuesday, December 11, 2012  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

I wish marvelous down time to you. Merry Christmas!

Tuesday, December 11, 2012  
Blogger Nancy Ewart said...

Can I tempt you to this side of the bay or a half- way meeting point for a Xmas lunch - on me? I also have something I'd like to give you and don't want to mail it.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012  
Blogger Hungry Dog said...

GOod idea--I'm thinking of doing the same thing (vacation from blogging, that is--will be working like a dog for the next month!). Happy holidays to you and yours. Look forward to your return.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012  
Blogger Toons said...

I too will look forward to your return. I have 2 blogs and can't seem to fill either one of them on any consistent basis so how you manage to do it daily is beyond me and a gift to you. Enjoy your "down time" and I'm looking forward to the new year. Merry Christmas to you and your Beloved!

Wednesday, December 12, 2012  
Blogger Diane said...

good for you! a marvelous idea. enjoy all the holiday fun, and thanks so much for being a loyal flickr buddy this year.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012  
Blogger meathenge said...

Merry Christmas !!!! All quiet here, no disasters. xo, Biggles

Monday, December 17, 2012  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home