Monday, September 10, 2012

Giant

At the Best L'il Porkhouse, they make a BLT. Not surprising, really, BLTs are a staple in America. You could almost dub them America's National Sandwich. Now, I have had plenty of BLTs in my day and I have loved every one, but this was easily the most generous BLT I have ever seen. 

First, it actually used ripe tomatoes - imagine!  And the lettuce was crisp, fresh and plentiful Romaine. It was made with two slices Texas toast, thickly sliced white bread that is grilled on the flattop rather than toasted. But the pièce de résistance was clearly the bacon.

Six strips. Six!

There was so much bacon that My Beloved, generous guy that he always is, offered a rasher to me and cousin Jan - he said he had plenty. We demurred but I did nibble on the part that fell out of the sandwich when My Beloved took a huge bite, and I can attest to its crispness and flavor. Imagine actor Andy Griffith saying this: "Goooood bacon. Good bacon." That's what played in my head.

Goooood sandwich. Good sandwich!


5 Comments:

Blogger Hungry Dog said...

Six rashers is a lot...but as we can all agree, there is no such thing as too much bacon.

Love that it was served on texas toast!

Monday, September 10, 2012  
Blogger Greg said...

Bacon! Now you are just playing with my emotions! ;)

Tuesday, September 11, 2012  
Anonymous jann said...

I did not demure. I ate that whole strip and it was dang tasty.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Hungry Dog, yes, the Texas toast was a bonus!

Greg, Heh! You're cute.

Jann, I never let the truth get in the way of a good story... :-)

Tuesday, September 11, 2012  
Anonymous Janie said...

raDon't care much about bar-be-que but this definitely might get me there! BLT is by far my favorite sandwich. Sounds yummy.

Monday, September 17, 2012  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home