Thursday, March 24, 2011

Signature Sandwich

From our earliest days together, when we would stumble into the kitchen starving hungry from spending too much time in the bedroom (oh, my!), My Beloved would make this for me, his signature dish.

Fried egg sandwich.

It's quick, it's filling and it fuels one for whatever comes next. There is nothing to it - toast some bread and butter it, crack a couple of eggs into a small frying pan, pierce the yolks so they spread and cook more quickly and evenly, flip sunny side over and they're done. Assemble and eat, wiping your chin if a little of the yolk runs out.

I love a guy who can really cook. Enough said.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Bacon would enhance the sandwich. Oh my!

Thursday, March 24, 2011  
Blogger Debra said...

It's funny you should post this because my husband brought me a fried egg sandwich in bed last weekend and it was just the best.
It was so good I had to ask him how he made it, which made me feel a bit daft. I've tried doing fried eggs like his since and I just can't get them as good.
Hooray for husbands who can cook!

Thursday, March 24, 2011  
Blogger kudzu said...

That's exactly what I had for breakfast this morning -- sans foreplay.

Thursday, March 24, 2011  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Greg, yes, but bacon takes too long in this circumstance.

Debra, welcome! I don't make them as good as MB, either. Let them wield the spatula!

Kudzu, and it was delicious, wasn't it? :-)

Thursday, March 24, 2011  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Too hungry to wait for bacon? Must be a lotta boomin' in the room! :D

Thursday, March 24, 2011  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Cookiecrumb, back in the day...

Friday, March 25, 2011  
Blogger Debra said...

Hi there! I'm one of those awful blog lurkers! I absolutely love your blog, I bookmarked it a long time ago as I love how you write about food.
I can't eat gluten but your recipes are usually suitable for my diet. I just wish I could get hold of some of the ingredients you use here in the UK!

Friday, March 25, 2011  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Debra, I'm glad you have come out of the shadows, you sweet talker! Thanks for the compliment - it means a lot! I'm glad you're enjoying Zoomie Station even if you don't comment each time, and I'm glad the recipes work for you for the most part. Cheers!

Friday, March 25, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home