Friday, January 28, 2011

It's The Berries!

I thought nothing could top a grilled Swiss cheese sandwich, except maybe a BLT or this. Grilled cheese is so easy, one almost always has the three ingredients on hand, and it's quick. Perfect for a lunch when I've been hanging out wash and vacuuming all morning and I'm hungry right now.

My Beloved had brought home some sliced turkey along with the Swiss cheese and that sounded good together, so I got them both out and, without looking, grabbed a loaf of bread, too.

When I opened the bread and reached in, I realized that rather than the usual nice white bread we buy, I had taken out the Honey Wheatberry bread. I think my guardian angel directed my hand because I thought, "Oh, what the heck, I'll just try this stuff" and it was spectacular! I love it as toast, I won't eat anything else under this sandwich, and it makes a great substrate for poached eggs but spread a little butter on it and grill it in a pan and, sister, you've got the crunchiest, toastiest, nuttiest grilled cheese and turkey sandwich ever!

As my Dad used to say, "It's the berries!"

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Look out! That giant bee is grabbing your fantastic sando.

Friday, January 28, 2011  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Hippie food is back in style! Sounds delish.

Friday, January 28, 2011  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Greg, he's big and scary but he doesn't eat much.

Cookiecrumb, does this mean I'm a latter-day hippie? Cool!

Saturday, January 29, 2011  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

Berries are the whole grains of wheat, yes?

Saturday, January 29, 2011  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Yeah, I'm guessing you missed the Flower Power generation by, what, a YEAR? You are a hippie now, my dear. (You can skip the incense and beads.)

Sunday, January 30, 2011  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Mouse: Yes, tender whole wheat grains. Magic.

Sunday, January 30, 2011  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Cookiecrumb, I was that age but not of that age, if you know what I mean. I liked the music but needed a shower every day. :-)

Sunday, January 30, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home