Saturday, December 4, 2010

Not To Mention This

My Beloved and I always have a few dinner parties during the holidays - it's just nicer than inviting people to meet you at a restaurant. Yes, it's a lot of work but there is nothing more pleasurable for me than treating dear friends to a special meal.

However, we don't want them to fill up on heavy puupuus before the main event, so I usually serve little nibbles like this rather than serious hors d'oeuvres. A few olives, nuts or cornichons serve to whet the appetite for whatever comes next.

And, when I can serve them in such stylish wares as Peter Barrett's little boat-shaped bowls, why that's even better.

By now, you are thinking, "Sheesh, does he pay her to say all these nice things about his work?" I can assure you that he does not; I didn't even get a discount. I just noticed the ones he made for himself and showed on his blog and asked if perhaps he could make more for me. Being the Yankee entrepreneur that most artists are a heart, he agreed, et voilà! I'm all set for those holiday dinners.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

You should get a discount ;)
I think olives and pickles are the perfect start.

Saturday, December 04, 2010  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

You are so proud of that photo!
(Well, you should be.)

Saturday, December 04, 2010  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Greg, I'll ask for one next time I order.

Cookiecrumb, things photographed on a gray background always seem to look better, don't they?

Sunday, December 05, 2010  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

That's just beautiful, lovely.

Monday, December 06, 2010  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Ms Mouse, almost as good as Rupert - and it was just my funny little point-and-shoot camera!

Monday, December 06, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home