Friday, June 25, 2010

Singing Soup

Some people, when presented with Vichyssoise, shake their heads and wonder why anyone with any sense would enjoy cold potato soup. I'm not one of them, nor is My Beloved. He noted this soup on the menu at Murray Circle first - otherwise, I'd have ordered it, myself.

The menu describes it as "Green garlic Vichyssoise with grilled grapes, shaved radish, cucumber and spiced almonds." We described it as smooth as a baby's butt, layered with flavors and beautifully presented.

Each taste was distinct as notes on a piano but if you scooped a spoonful of it all together, it sang like a Sweet Adelines quartet, smooth and joyous and modulated, with an extra note that lingers on the tongue even after the soup is gone. We shared sips of each others' soups - that may be gauche in such a nice restaurant but it just added to our enjoyment of our day off the rollercoaster.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

I once made myself quite ill eating a whole pot of cold potato soup (so terribly ashamed).

Friday, June 25, 2010  
Blogger Greg said...

It is like a still life.

Friday, June 25, 2010  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Very decorated! Where were the grapes?
So. I gotta go down there and try two soups, now.

Friday, June 25, 2010  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Ms Mouse, do you blame the soup or do you still like it?

Greg, lots of care went into the soup and the presentation. I love that place.

Cookiecrumb, the grapes were below the surface - submarine surprises.

Friday, June 25, 2010  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

O I still LOVE the soup, I just make sure I share the soupy love now :) I've never made it so beautiful though, it's a picture!

Friday, June 25, 2010  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Ms Mouse, soupy love! :-)

Sunday, June 27, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home