Thursday, May 13, 2010

Fighting Deficiencies

Put on your Big Girl panties and suck it up. This is my attitude (after some initial sniveling) regarding the discovery that my blood pressure med was leaching potassium from my body. My doc gave me a list of foods high in potassium that would help replace that element.

Oh, poor me, avocados and oranges are on the list!

Hence this simple salad of romaine leaves, tangerine segments (do tangerine's count?), red onion and avocado, drizzled with a little balsamic vinaigrette.

My potassium numbers are up into the low normal range and my energy has returned.
Life is tough sometimes, but when you have true grit, as I do, you can handle the challenge.

7 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Ewart said...

I just knew you could do it. It's the Fighting Irish in your soul.

Thursday, May 13, 2010  
Blogger Greg said...

You make me smile with your writing. That is one beautiful healthy salad.

Thursday, May 13, 2010  
Blogger meathenge said...

Maybe I need some potassium.

xo, Biggles

Thursday, May 13, 2010  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Wow. You actually feel better? Keep eating the right stuff, Big Girl! Yay.

Thursday, May 13, 2010  
Blogger Chilebrown said...

Oranges go good with vodka! Avocado's go good with anything. Is Bacon on the list?

Thursday, May 13, 2010  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

I think coconut water has potassium too, I had the most wonderful drink of coconut water, lime & lychee the other day. It can't hurt!

Friday, May 14, 2010  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Nancy, that must be it!

Greg, thanks for the compliment - it means a lot!

Biggles, I feel sure that you do! xo

Cookiecrumb, yes, it's amazing how the balance affects my energy level.

Chilebrown, sadly, bacon is _not_ on the list, but who cares?

Morgan, the lime sounds good - the rest, maybe not so much. I'll get my potassium in other ways. :-)

Friday, May 14, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home