Friday, August 21, 2009

Buckle? Chuckle

I like to read the Wednesday Chef blog - I like the way Luisa writes. She's funny and witty, and you can almost hear her talking. And, every now and then, she posts a recipe that transports me to heaven - what's not to like about that?

And so it is with Luisa's post about
Cory Schreiber and Julie Richardson's Lemon Blueberry Buckle. I made only a very few changes to Luisa's recipe, subbing in some kefir that I had in the fridge for the buttermilk that I didn't have, and it was truly, truly killer.

Luisa advocated letting it get cold after baking and I'm an obedient student, so I did. The crumb is as light as air and perfumed with lemon throughout. The berries made dark little hollows of sweet-tart flavor. But, I forgot to tell that to My Beloved, so the next morning he gently heated it for our breakfast and, Big Wow!, it was great that way, too!

I carved up the remainder to offer to my neighbors as a peacemaking gesture for their forbearance with all the nail pounding and drilling they are enduring as we add a small deck onto the house. I doubt if they even noticed the noise while they were transported on a cloud of Lemon Blueberry Buckle.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Ewart said...

If I'd know about this divine delight, I would have held out for some blackmail payola before offering to call the DeYoung and get you into the Eskimo show as my "photographer."
humph!

Friday, August 21, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Nancy, ah, the little opportunities we miss in life...

Saturday, August 22, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home