Sunday, April 12, 2009

Tummy Settling Soup

Oops, My Beloved seemed to have eaten something that didn't agree with him, so he was on the binnacle list for a day or two (he's fine, now). Wanting to give him something fairly bland to quiet his upset stomach, I remembered the turkey soup I made from our smoked turkey and busted it out of the freezer for a comeback.

It was really nothing but turkey broth made with a few veggies and with the pickings from the turkey thrown in, so I added a handful of Frenched green beans, some salt and pepper, and some of the onion-and-chicken-brothed Camargue red rice to the pot. The instructions from the red rice had me cook it with extra liquid and then drain off the excess; that seemed like a waste of good goozle, so I saved the overflow and added it into this soup, just because. A slow simmer and it was ready to serve.

Tasted good, very turkey and rich, but a little flat, somehow. The idea came to add a squeeze of lemon to the pot and that woke it right up! I have another couple of containers of this soup in the freezer, so I'm going to write right on the lids - "Jazz it up with lemon!"

It may not be a miracle cure for an iffy tummy but he ate it with pleasure and, like a good doctor, it did no harm.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Anna Haight said...

Sounds mild, yet good!

Sunday, April 12, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Anna, it settled his collywobbles and tasted pretty good to me, too.

Monday, April 13, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home