Saturday, March 7, 2009

Molly's Book

Oh, my dears, you really must read this one.

Molly sent us an advance copy of her book, A Homemade Life: Stories and Recipes From My Kitchen Table, our perq for being her relatives, but I'd be singing its praises even if she was a stranger.

In this wonderfully humorous and touching book, Molly talks with surprising intimacy about her family, especially her father, and about her relationship with them and with the food they share. The writing is delicious as befits a book about food, like the best of Orangette concentrated in a single volume (but these essays are not just reprints from Orangette, they are new).

Molly has a way of describing food that makes me begin immediately to review the contents of my fridge and cupboards, hoping I have all the ingredients so I can begin cooking right away.
The two recipes I've already tried from it, Cream-Braised Cabbage and her Dad's potato salad, are really mouthwatering, and there are several more I can't wait to make.

Grab a copy! You're gonna love it, and her*.

In case you missed my earlier post, Molly will be in the Bay area in next week to talk about the book and to sign copies of it. Click here to see when she will be in your area.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger cookiecrumb said...

We might be there on Wednesday.

Saturday, March 07, 2009  
Blogger Anna Haight said...

Wonderful. Don't know if I can make a bookstore appearance, but I'll look for the book.

Sunday, March 08, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Cookiecrumb, it would be fun to see you there. Hope you can make it.

Anna, hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Sunday, March 08, 2009  
Blogger Morgan Lee said...

I am glad I got to see you at the book signing! Molly was great--I can just imagine how nervous she felt talking in front of such a large crowd! I loooove the book...

Sunday, March 15, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home