Friday, March 28, 2008

Next Summer's Peaches

While we were in Paris, our peach and flowering crabapple trees burst into colorful to life again. Luckily, the flowering lasted long enough for us to enjoy it upon our return.

For my Easter dinner table, I needed a few flowers to fill the lovely little vases our friends J and J gave me but as I snipped I realized that I was reducing my future peach harvest for a little frivolous beauty today.

Life is full of tough choices; this time, aesthetics won over practicality.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

Ooooo. Lots of pink. I like.

Thursday, March 27, 2008  
Blogger Terry at Blue Kitchen said...

A beautiful photo and a perfect decision, Zoomie. Reminds me of a quote attributed to everyone from the prophet Muhammad to Shakespeare: "If I had but two loaves of bread, I would sell one and buy hyacinths, for they would feed my soul."

Friday, March 28, 2008  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

There will be plenty of peaches, Zoomie!
:D

Friday, March 28, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Dagny, it really was a pretty table.

Terry B, love the quote! Thanks for sharing. I collect quotes so I'll save that one.

Cookiecrumb, yeah, but I want enough to share with you and Cranky, too!

Friday, March 28, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So very pretty. It was worth the price.

Friday, March 28, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Evlmprs, yes, those trees are worth keeping just for the beauty, never mind the lovely fruit later!

Saturday, March 29, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home